I started programming computers back in 1970, but today it's often a youngster who tells me something new that I really need to know!
The fact is that whether you're young or old, experienced or not, there is a huge amount of stuff to get your head around, and it's growing all the time.
Hopefully everyone will find this section useful. It's a carefully selected set of pointers to really good stuff produced by other people, and just a few tips of my own.
Click either the links in the left-hand or right-hand side panels,
or the icons below,
to go to the following pages:
- General Information
- Whether you are an absolute beginner or an expert, this page will point you at information that you need.
- When you get a problem, "who ya gonna call?"
- You need forums where you can ask for help, and other places where you can find solutions to your problem.
- This page will point you in the right direction.
- Creating A Web Site
- Web pages are text files that follow certain conventions, together with (usually) image files and (sometimes) other media files.
- A web site is a collection of related web pages located where people can get at them.
- This page is where you can find information on how to design a
good web site, the various ways you can create (edit, assemble) web pages,
how to set up a successful blog, and the mechanics of
how you move your web files between your local PC and the web server.
- Input Always Welcome
- I am most interested in any comments, inputs or suggestions that you may have. Please click this icon to e-mail me.
- I will always answer e-mails (apart from requests for computer trouble-shooting - sorry!).
- If the result of your e-mail is an update to this site (no promises!) then I will always mention your name/moniker unless you ask me not to.